Sunday, February 10, 2008

Short and Sweet

That is how today's blog will be. I just got Ariel to bed and I am feeling pretty beat myself at this point. Ken left for San Fransisco this afternoon. He has already landed and checked into his hotel for the evening, we miss you honey!

Since Ken left, Ariel and I haven't done anything terribly exciting. We walked down to the corner store for a red onion I forgot to get earlier. Ariel walked all the way there without her stroller too. Half way on the way back she needed to be carried, but I think it wasn't out of being tired, but knowing she could get away with it. Haha.

The poor kid was in hysterics when we passed the consignment store and DIDN'T go in. First off, its closed on Sundays, so that didn't help. All she wanted to do was go in and play with the toys, awe. I felt awful, especially when we got home and she was still crying and curled up in a ball on the floor. Of course when a glass of milk was mentioned she was suddenly fine. Go figure?

We made dinner for one and a half. I had chicken and spinach tortilla pizza and she had plain chicken and some cucumber. Yummy. We read some books and watched some of the Grammy's until it was bath and bed time. Know I sit wondering whether to clean up the mess in the living room or just go to bed to rest. We shall see....

I will just share this one picture tonight, my girl with her books. She is in LOVE with alphabet books right now. She is getting really good with a handful of letters and I am picking up more words daily that she is using quite regularly.


Here are a few of my personal top ten. While going up the stairs tonight, she tooted and looked up at me with a grin and said 'I stink'. She also has learned how to say owl, but it comes out more like 'wowl' which is ever so adorable. Here is one for Uncle Blair, while getting in the car, which is by far one of her favorite words, she pointed to the Volvo name on the side of the car and asked what it was. I told her its was the car's name, Volvo. She then replied, 'vovo'. Finally, we are trying to teach her to say I love you. She will say the 'I' then 'wuv' and instead of 'u' like she had been saying, she now points to herself. I love me, well I guess confidence is important right?

Well, I am going to go pick up some toys and go to bed. Monday is coming fast!

3 comments:

Dianne said...

You daughter is a brainiac! (And I love her little outfit... red is great on her!)

Jill Brochard said...

She is a good walker! I think you are creating a shop-a-holic though, is she is that upset about not being able to go in the shop, hahaha!! ;)

Jay said...

Lol Jill. Luckily for me I know it was the big ride on toy she REALLY wanted in there. Had it been about the clothes, then I worry. Haha.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...