Monday, February 04, 2008

Blah Blah Blah

What does 3 bowls of oatmeal mean? It means the whole family is home sick. Blah. Yes, my germs seem to have spread to Ken and Ariel. However, neither has had the fever I had last Friday, but more so the stuffy nose and throat issues.


Even though we were all sick, it was nice to be all together. Daddy and Ariel enjoyed morning cartoons while I made breakfast.


Yummy oatmeal!


Afterwards, there was some more snuggles on the couch with some Sesame Street action. Ariel was quite taken with the fact we were both home, but unless it was food she wanted, tended to stick close to daddy.


I must say it was a pretty dry day, we all stayed home and rested. At one point I zipped out to the grocery store that is close to our place to get the things needed to make the tasty lemon and garlic chicken recipe Ken's mom gave us. A favorite around here when we have sore throats.

We did get an exciting package from the postman... er lady in today's case, that made our day. Ken got a new stop motion book that he was featured in. Very cool indeed. I got basically what might be the dorkiest tv show dvd set possible, but has been one of my ultimate favs since I saw it in grade 7.

Sweating Bullets, or sometimes know as Tropical Heat (its ok, not many people actually remember this show) ran for 3 seasons as a late night show on CBS. I saw it once while babysitting and it was so campy and cheesy but that tended to hook the kooky Jay from back in the day (what am I saying, I do believe I am still kooky). Anyhoo, I taped every episode I could until the show disappeared from the airwaves around 1994.

A few years later it reappeared on tv as one of those weekend filler shows no one watches... well I did. Haha. Again, it didn't last long and I was stuck with only the episodes I had on tape. When this internet thing started to get big I started finding other people who actually liked the show as much, maybe more, than I did. I managed to trade some episodes for ones I was missing but sadly was still missing most of season 3 which everyone was always hunting for.

I guess 2 years ago some low budget company bought the rights and actually put out some dvds of some episodes, basically the first 4. Then surprisingly, they realized what they called the first season, which actually was the first and half of season 2. I remember emailing the company asking if they planned to release the remainder, no. Blah.

I forgot about it and life went on...until last week. Ken and I were surfing you tube and came around some silly fan videos from the show, but it was one of the comments that surprised me. It was a myspace page link someone made. After laughing about that even I wouldn't do that (now anyways) we looked to see it, just for fun. It was there I saw that he posted the news, the whole series had been released on dvd just this year. Within moments we were on amazon and now I have every long lost episode in my hands. Sure this seems so stupid, but for me, its the end of a long hunt for reliving a time in my life that has long past. Maybe its the thought that next year I turn 30, gack! Maybe I need that little reminder where the little dorky Jay is inside me. Hehe. I know she will be enjoying some cheesy tv later.


Speaking of dorky, had to share our little find today on you tube. This is how sick we were today, as this had us cracking up. Even Ariel thought it was funny. Gosh, we really need to get better soon.



Then we found the sequel... hehe



Ah Mondays, gotta love them! Tomorrow is Ken's birthday, stay tuned for pictures! Yay!

1 comment:

Kim said...

I totally remember that show "Sweating Bullets!" One of the things I liked most about it was how easy it was to act out when playing Charades :-) Hope everyone is feeling better soon!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...