Saturday, February 02, 2008

Back on the Wagon

Gosh, its been too long... well only like 3 days, but its a long time for me. Hah. Ken had 2 late nights in a row for work events, so I was a single parent and it left me with pretty much no time for myself. I was looking forward to Friday because I would get to catch up, that was until I came down with a nasty fever and cold. Ugh. So I spent most of the evening having hot showers, drinking fluids and popping 'fisherman friends' all night. Not my idea of a good time. I did get a half decent sleep and today I feel pretty good. My throat and nose are still nasty, but otherwise I feel better than I was.

I also haven't taken many pictures, since I kept forgetting to recharge the batteries. Doh. So only a few from today. Here is Ariel and Quatchi in our bed. She loves visiting him when she comes to sleep the odd time in our bed. While I was getting dressed this morning, she had to have a snuggle with him.


Today we had a walk and visited with Nana and Papa. We also ended up joining them for lunch at White Spot. Yummy. Ariel had a pirate pack with fish and chips. She also showed off her new skill of drinking through a straw. We came home and had naps, Ariel of course was joined by her best friends... the doggies. I think she had at least 3 or 4 in her crib today. She is very insistent about them coming at nap time.


When she woke up, we decided to set up the new potty. I am in no way pushing toilet training yet, I just figured it be good to introduce it and see what happens. Ariel has been more aware of when she goes these day, often making a remark or pointing at her diaper, so this may be a good sign. Either way, this potty is way too much fun not to have around, it SINGS! Ken nearly died laughing at dinner when he heard it. He also demanded that they make ones for adults. Wouldn't that be fun! So here is Ariel checking out the box.


Potty is set up, hmmm.


Puppy, you try it out.


Other news, a big shout out to my sister in law Jo, she passed her mod 5 (all my accountant friends will understand that). Yay! We are so excited for you.

Oh, I just realized this is my first post of February. Whee! Which I guess means today was groundhog day... apprently the silly thing saw its shadow... thus meaning 6 more weeks of winter. Ugh. I want spring!

This Tuesday is Ken's birthday, he has requested faijtas for dinner, and perhaps he may get some surprises too. Guess we shall see.

Ariel was just sitting in her doll crib, and I think the picture speaks for itself. What a nut.


I am finally doing the 'bag tag' that I got almost a week ago. Here is my diaper bag unloaded, actually it isn't as bad as I thought. Contents include nursing poncho, bib, sippy cup, rubber meal mat, recyclable bag, baby sunglasses, bag of diaper creams, spare diaper and wipes, one bag of special k snacks and my ipod Nano. I am suppost to tag 5 more people, but since I think some of you already did this, I open it up to everyone to do. So unload that purse or diaper bag and share with us on your blog.


Speaking of my ipod Nano, the silly thing freaked me out this week. While walking the little thing decided to freeze. I couldn't figure out how to unlock it. I went to the help page on the web, and nothing worked. I was getting really upset and just about to hurl it out the highest window. I then decided to Google the problem to see if others had the same issue at one time. Sure enough I found several pages, and finally one of the suggestions WORKED! I was so happy and it had me thinking, what did we do before the internet... I guess hurl things out the window. Haha.

5 comments:

Jill Brochard said...

I totally forgot about groundhogs day!! Man I am ready for winter to be over with already!!! Glad you are feelin better!

Kristin said...

Love the pics with the potty and the puppy, so very cute!

And yes I agree, the internet is wonderful, what did we do without it???

Jeremy said...

Very cool potty chair! Getting out of that baby doll crib looks like a challenge!

Dianne said...

That's too funny... I always like to have a doggie in the bed with me too! (He likes to spoon.) Ariel and I have so much in common.

And to Jo (I know you read this!)... WOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO!! You're so close to being done girl! Congrats!

SarahRachel said...

I couldn't decide whether or not to get the singing potty. I opted not to, but now I kind of wish I had gotten it! Jackson and Ariel have the same idea on how to use the potty (by putting their toys on it).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...