Friday, February 29, 2008

Fashion Forward

It was a happy mail day! Early this morning my Dad came over with the remaining turtle things we got at the baby sale. We ordered the t-shirts online because they were $10 in the US and $20 here... um yeah, it was a no brainer. Plus I had a 20% off coupon, so they really were $8 each. Oh yeah, I love my Gymbo, but I don't pay the big prices. Yay. Here are a few pics of the fashion girl. Excuse the odd faces, she had a mouth full of fish crackers. Lol.




This morning was coffee party, and that was lots of fun. I finally talked about my weight loss with the ladies there. Yes, its not really a secret... well, it was but there comes a time when you really can't hide it anymore... especially physically. Basically, after new years, I came home from our trip ready to try the Biggest Loser fitness and food plan. I loved the show, and I have tried many things in the past but with my food allergies, I have never been able to do a program properly, this one was perfect for me, FINALLY! So as of this morning, I have lost 26.5 lb. (Yes Amy, my face got slimmer, lol)

The only ones who really knew about this was my friends on the 'Born in August' message board. We have a little weight loss thread going and a contest for a gift certificate for the person who lost the most in the first month. Well, I got my gift certificate in the mail last week, yes I won! I was floored, seriously! Actually its good because I need to buy some clothes that fit me better now. Anyhoo, I am aiming to be at 30lb lost by Easter, hopefully sooner. I want to continue and try and lose another 20-30lb and reach my pre-marriage weight again. Woot. Our Disneyland trip is the big reward for the hard work, and then I hope another baby will follow too. All things in time.

So when Ariel and I returned from coffee, the neighbor brought over a parcel that the mail man left this morning. I love our neighbors, they are so nice. Anyways, he held on to it so I didn't have to go to the post office tomorrow. Yay. This parcel was for Ariel from her Grammy Liz! She got 2 new outfits and a cute pair of shoes. Of course we had to wear them to send pictures and a thank you. Very cute indeed.



Tomorrow we have some fun things planned. Ariel and I are seeing Mike, Jo and Nana and Papa for breakfast, yay! Then later when Ken gets home, we are going to have dinner with one of his co workers and his wife and kids. Then Sunday is church and its a soup and bun lunch afterwards! So lots planned and I am very excited. Have a good weekend everyone!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

such cute outfits! i want those shoes for myself, they are so cool! hehe

And WOW!! GREAT work on the weight loss, I need to learn your secrets!!

Can't wait for breakfast tomorrow!
Jo

Kim said...

Adorable outfits on Ariel as usual! I LOVE that turtle purse too :-)

WAY TO GO on the weight loss! You are truly awesome and I admire all the hard work that you must have put into sticking with it!!

kelly ens said...

you definitely have one well-dressed kiddo there!!! :)
and congrats again on the weight loss - so impressive!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...