Monday, March 03, 2008

Whoa, its MARCH!

Ahhh, the word March means one thing to me, Spring is coming! Woot! Makes me really excited to think in a few short weeks it will be Easter. Which reminds me that I need to mail off my Easter gift from our 'Born in August' message board exchange. I guess it be bad that I organized this one then managed to send my gift late. Doh! I have till Friday, but I think with the good weather coming tomorrow, I shall be out on foot for a good walk and shall send it then.

On Friday night Ken rented 'Across the Universe', the movie with all the Beatles music in it. We really enjoyed it and Ken wrote a wonderful review for Hollywood Jesus. Check it out here if you would like to read it.

We had a really fun and busy weekend around here. Lots to share with you all, so lets get started. On Saturday morning, Ariel and I joined the family for breakfast at Ricky's. Poor Ken had to work, but he got to go last time so it was ok. Besides, means we can have a breakfast date sometime soon to make up for it. Anyhoo, it was usually busy and poor Ariel had to wait almost 45 mins to eat. Needless to say she chowed down on a few packets of jam. I know, kinda gross, but what can you do?


Ariel enjoyed seeing her Aunty Jo Jo, Uncle Mike, Rita and Grandpa as they tried hard to entertain her...


Fun with creamers!


Nana took her on several walks around the restaurant, running into some friends, who shared some french toast with Ariel. She liked that quite a bit. She was kind enough to share some with Papa. Lucky guy! Haha.

After breakfast I took Ariel on a long walk around town because it was such a beautiful day. She was very happy to be out, and when it came time to pack up the stroller, she kept climbing back in. Silly girl.


Later in the afternoon when Ken got home, we got all packed up for a dinner out. Ken's co worker Gerard and his family had invited us over for a meal with them. I had never met them as I have missed the past few Christmas staff parties. They were a lovely family and Ariel was immediately attracted to their 2 dogs Skittles and Biscuit.


Gerard and his wife Leanne have 2 teenagers Mary and Adam. Ariel took a real liking to Mary and they had fun playing with shoes...


..and more shoes...


...and reading some books...


...of course everyone has to get a turn reading to Ariel.


Ariel even provided a musical moment!




It was a wonderful evening and we look forward to returning the favor down the road. I love meeting new people. Yay.

The next day was church, and an early morning as I was to be in the nursery during Sunday School. Ken joined me and was the best story reader I am sure these kids ever had. They got all the fun voices, haha.


Ariel played her favorite game of crawling through the kitchen oven. Usually all the kids do this at the same time. Its pretty funny to watch, and they all get the static hair.


Then a ride on the blue horse. Ariel was enjoying having the run of the nursery with all the kids distracted with Ken reading.


After the service was a soup and bun lunch! Ariel was pretty good for the most part handling the soup. There was one moment of spillage, and of course I would be soaking the new sweater from Grammy later.


The cake was no trouble at all. Ariel was pleased to say cake and actually get some!


We rented another movie on Sunday night, this one I picked. I love a good movie with cooking in it, so I got 'No Reservations'. I enjoyed it and Ken said it was cute and light. As long as it didn't suck, we are pleased! Haha. I did end up getting Ken his own copy of 'Across the Universe' because he loved it so much. He was pretty happy.

Other interesting news is that we may be taking a summer trip after all! We have been trying to plan around seeing Ken's family, but Jonathan is on a big kick right now about not flying, so it makes things a bit more difficult to see each other, when we are across the country. Anyhoo, we are looking at meeting half way at Yellowstone National Park! I must say I am pretty excited if it happens. Neither of us have been there and I think we may drive it, as it would only take 2 days, and its so pretty. So stay tuned...

Today was yucky. Rain all day, blah. Ariel wasn't impressed that we didn't go out. Sorry kiddo.


She was happy to see Aunty Jo and Uncle Mike for dinner. Jo the tax goddess is doing our return again. Yay. Have I said how much I love have an accountant in the family. Whee. In return, I cooked up some dinner for us all, and we had a nice visit. Some cheesy internet videos were watched, Planet Unicorn heyyy. Lol. Seriously, its really bad animation, but funny at the same time. Watch only if you are in a really silly mood, and at your own risk.

Just starting to plan the week out a bit. I am planning a day with Rose to make paska this week! I am very excited. Hee. I also need to put the finishing touches up on the church directory. Never a dull moment.

3 comments:

Jill Brochard said...

So if March means Spring, why is it so freakin' cold!! Look at Ariel go with that soup! She is so good, and the static hair thing is too funny! You life is sure jam packed!

Anna Marie said...

You are busy, girl! And you're so good about doing these nice long posts. Way better than me. ;) You'll love Yellowstone! It's so fun! Although, we've never been in summer, we had a great time a couple years ago during the winter.

SarahRachel said...

How fun!!! =) Ariel is SO well dressed. It makes me feel like I need to put more effort into dressing Jackson! ;-) Alan and I watched an episode of Planet Unicorn as a break during Lost and it made us laugh out loud.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...