Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Watching Paint Dry

Well, more so nail polish... thats kinda like paint right? Hehe. Today was a lazy day for us girls at home. I was having Nav over this morning so I could get a pedicure in time for Easter weekend, yay.

I told Ariel someone was coming over, so she kept checking outside to see who it could be.


Eventually I had to give her and the puppies a snack since waiting is hard work for a little girl.


Nav arrived around 11ish and we talked about losing weight. She was really excited to see me and that felt awesome to show my results. I even find it crazy how short of a time it has been. Sounds like she will be going out to get the same cookbook I have. Yummy stuff. We had a great chat and I got some super cute toes. Hee. Ariel wanted to inspect them afterwards.


We had some lunch and Ariel went down for a nap while I got some stitching done. Been working on a new Easter thing like I made Ariel last year. No, this one isn't for a non existent future baby, but a family one that we can use on our door. The pattern appeared in my new magazine, and it was too cute with the bunnies and duckies. Hee. No way it will be finished by Sunday, but I thought it be fun to see how far I could get. Will post some progress pics tomorrow.

When Ariel got up we colored the eggs that I blew the yoke out of yesterday. A few drawings in white crayon, add some dye and whee! During this time Ariel said a new little phrase, 'I help'. It was very cute, and its those times you just stop and hug them for being so sweet. Besides, it so much nicer to hear 'I help' versus 'I stink'. Yes, the later is one you don't want to hear, haha.


Pretty eggs. These still require another step until they are finished, so stay tuned.


While making dinner, Ken called and when I got off the phone, this is what I saw in my dinning area...


um, yeah. She liked the eggs so much at craft time, she went looking for more. Lovely. Gotta love that climbing gene. Ugh.

I forgot to post a pic of the dinner from last night, so here it is again in its full glory. Yummy! See the post from yesterday for the recipe.


After dinner Ariel showed us her new game of 'Ring Around the Rosie'. I guess her and Daddy have been playing this recently. She sure loves it, even if she hasn't mastered part of the concept.



While Ken and I chatted about an article, regarding faith and film, that we received this morning from friends via email, Ariel was busy playing dress up. We had to stop and laugh at this look, our little babushka.


Here is tonights Easter moment.


Roman soldiers used a spear to pierce Jesus' side when He was on the cross. (Read John 19:31-37 for more of the story)

Well, time to go back to the family, as Ken has some work to do tonight on the computer, so I am back on mommy duty. They are watching Fraggle Rock together at the moment. Two peas in a pod. Hee.

4 comments:

kelly ens said...

Your toes look great!!! So do the easter eggs you did. I am so not that ambitious or crafty :)
great video of Ariel - Taeya loves that song too, but has a hard time waiting for the "All fall down" part, and just throws herself to the ground :) So don't worry - Ariel will get it pretty soon!
Maybe Taeya can teach Ariel on Sunday??? We are planning on coming to CPC for the Easter service.

Jay said...

OOh! It will be great to see you guys! Yes, maybe she can teach her some tricks in the nursery. Hee.

Kristin said...

What cute eggs. :)


Love how Ariel was "caught in the act" crawling on the table, lol.

Tera said...

Super cute eggs! Our Resurrection Eggs finally arrived in the mail today! Yeah! Thanks for the idea.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...