Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Easter is coming...

Ultimate Blog Party 2008
Hey everyone! We are still continuing on with the blog party this week! Woot. I will be sharing some favorite posts from the past, so stay tuned.

First off, its been a busy past few days, hence the lack of checking in. I was busy trying to finish up the new directory for our church, and Ken was working on a lesson for the course he is writing the school in San Francisco. Its times like these that we really wish we had a second computer. Sigh. Oh well.

It was a lovely weekend in general. Not much planned, but we did get invited out for dessert by friends from church and got to know one of the new families attending. The evening was going so well, that is until Ariel took a header off a chair, and is now sporting a lovely flesh wound. I do believe the girl got my rock hard head, because she isn't bruising at all. (This picture is of it today, 2 days after the incident, so it looks pretty good).


Yesterday was a rainy, cold day. We decided to visit Nana and Papa while doing some of Ariel's laundry. As some of you may know, my Papa has started to become very forgetful. Its so hard to watch people you love start to go through something you have no control over. At one point he asked what my relation was to his son Bill... which of course is my uncle. I know this is just the beginning, but keep him and my family in your thoughts and prayers. Its going to be a tough road.

After some laundry, Ariel came home full of beans. This was her new moves after getting a sippy cup filled with milk. Can you say milk yoga?


She is such a ham, but a cute one. Love you sweetie!


Today we had an early knock at the door. Upon answering it, we saw the good old mailman with a parcel from Amy! It was our Easter exchange gift! Woot! But before we could dive into it, the mailman asked if we could hold a parcel for our neighbour. I figured they did the same for us, sure! He disappeard and returned with 7 boxes! Can you say E-bay?! Yikes. Stacked up they were taller than Ariel. Haha.

On to the gift. Ariel was very excited. She is really into the opening of presents thing now.


Whats in there?


Oooh! Pretty bracelets!


Everytime she pulled anything out she said 'ooh'. Very cute.


We were very spoiled! Amy did such a lovely job putting it together, thank you so much! Here is the loot, a little purse for princess, a book, some small toys, pez (yum) and the bracelets. A big hit with her royal highness.


Afterwards we headed off for a walk down to the church with the completed files. It was kinda cold, but still nicer than rain. Plus I gotta keep walking, its done wonders with my weight loss, which reminds me, as of yesterday... I hit my 30 pound goal for Easter! Yes, 30 pounds off, thats more than one Ariel! Crazy, I can't even believe it. I still want to lose some more, so lets see how it goes. Whee.

On the way home, Nana called my cel, so we met her for lunch at the cafe. Ariel of course had her favorite, Spinach, tomato and feta cheese quiche. Its always funny having everyone watch her wolf it down. Afterwards, she happily showed off her alphabet skills... of course pointing to herself for 'u' and pointing to her head for 'z' (for the Americans, we say 'zed' instead of 'zee' so she is hearing 'head' I guess. Hee) When I was buying some cheese at the grocery store afterwards, Ariel was quietly reciting her letters to her self. I must say I was surprised and impressed. She is a quick learner. Its so amazing watching her learn. Wow.

When we got home we discovered her little puppy had an accident, falling from the buggy and getting dirty. Ariel wasn't impressed... she hates dirt.


So Puppy got a bath in my sink... all is well. He is clean and drying.


Tonight we got to open our first 'Resurrection Egg' after dinner. The first egg had inside a little donkey.


A lowly donkey was given to Jesus to ride into Jerusalen just before His death and resurrection. (Read Matthew 21:1-9 for the story)

Ariel liked the donkey, and we look forward to the next egg tomorrow. Yay! Speaking of tomorrow, Ariel and I are going into town to check and see if the new spring lines are out yet, and to look for new shoes for me. Should be fun!

Ok, now on to party business. I thought it be fun to share some of my favorite posts from the past with people who have been stopping by.

27 - A post on turning 27 and being pregnant for the first time.

Strolling in Style - I always found this funny, mostly because of the pictures, and the fact that both me and my hubby are strange people. Haha.

Home Again - This was my first post since returning home from the hospital after having Ariel. In it I share my birth experience, and the feelings of a new mom.

Ariel is no trick, but a treat! - By far the best costume for a baby's first Halloween ever!!! Again, more proof that we are weird. Hee.

12 Days of Christmas, Ariel style! - Back in the days when we had WAY too much time on our hands.

The last Quack - My first parenting blooper... just so you don't feel terrible, my friend sent me a new block. Yay. Less therapy!

Happy 1st Birthday Ariel - A reflection on my little baby turning one, and a slide show of her first year.

Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose...
- The big day when Ariel won the radio station contest with her video dancing to Bon Jovi!

Bon Jovi Concert!!! - By far the most exciting concert for me in ages. Been waiting to see them live since I was a teen. Eek!

Now a word from Ariel
- By far one of my favs, Ariel took over blogging that night. Hee.

4 comments:

Jill Brochard said...

Great job Amy -- looks like Ariel loved all the gifts! Hope her little booboo heals quickly!

Tera said...

I just ordered some Resurrection eggs! Those are really neat. We'll be behind this year, but I'm excited to see what the girls think. Ariel is still adorable even with her boo-boo! Brynna likes to stand on her head too...I need to get a picture of it. Brynna had that same lobster costume! ;)

Kristin said...

Those are some great new moves Ariel has, what a goof!

Amy said...

Yeah the package made it!! It was fun to buy girl stuff too!! Actually Boston had a hard time parting with the bangles LOL Don't tell anyone :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...