Monday, March 31, 2008

Keep on Rollin'

Can't believe we are at the end of March already! Yikes... that means countdown to my birthday on May 1st! Whee. Its strange by I am already dreading the end of my 20's and I still have a year left. I can't imagine how I will be on the big 3-0 next year. Gack!

This weekend was a bit of a blur. I was doing a whole bunch of sample layouts and possible designs for Maria from Frozen Reflections. She is the photographer who takes our family portraits and I just LOVE her and her work to pieces. Anyhoo, we got talking not too long ago about perhaps me helping redesign some of her newsletters and 4x6 cards she wants to leave at various locations for promotion. I got home on Friday last week to find a message from her to see my portfolio, so I quickly emailed it off.

Then the next few days were a buzz of emails and a phone call discussing her ideas etc. I had her email a bunch of her photos so I could play around with them and do up some examples of new directions. I had so much FUN!!! It was so awesome to get to work with another artist, and one that I totally mesh with. This is the beginning of a lovely working relationship, and I couldn't be more happier.

Sunday was church and a full nursery day. Turns out the gal who didn't show sent an email to Natalie that she was going out of town... but had no idea so was Natalie! So, this was how the chain of info got broken. Sadly she couldn't do this week for me because she was going to Hawaii with her hubby. Soooooooo, back to the nursery I went. I did get a surprise from one of the parents saying they help out! Yay! I think she the fact she saw me in there for the second week got her thinking we were short staffed. I am just happy to have her come to me, since I hate begging and trying to explain the idea that everyone should help. I'm sorry, it just seems like it would be common sense... apparently not. One down, a few more to go. Keep those fingers crossed.

The rest of the day we spent cleaning the pit, aka our home. We had the pastor and his family coming for dessert and I wanted to be able to see our floor. About 2 hours before they arrived, we stopped in to see Deb and Blair at Nana and Papa's place. Ariel was a total monkey and was living up to her videos from the blog here.


She somehow managed to get a bowl of ice cream. Lucky girl.


Then she helped Papa with his walker. This is by far the sweetest thing to watch. She loves her Papa. I think there is some of her Grandma Vickie in her spirit when she does those things.


We came home again and had the uber yummy parfaits that I had made before for our Oscar dinner. I will say they were a HUGE hit with Pastor Dave and his family... except for Ryan who lives on Peanut Butter sandwiches pretty much 24/7. Oh well. Ken got so share his new video that I posted last time, and one of the little films he worked on with Galen. We had a wonderful visit and the kids were groaning about school starting again today... I am sure I would have too.

Today was the most BEAUTIFUL day we have had in awhile. It was still on the cold side, but the sky was blue and clear. To celebrate, Ariel got to wear some of her new spring clothes. Kinda good timing since her winter duds are looking a big small. My baby is moving up to the 18-24month size, sniff.


Yeah, we love turtles! Hee!

We walked over to Stella's place and had a visit. Then Stella walked with us into town to see Nana and Papa. Then on to the post office when we got a huge surprise... Ariel's stroller wheel popped off! I was stunned, it was fine then 'pop' it was on the ground. A quick examination of the situation showed a broken cotter pin. Gack! However, lucky for me, or more so a blessing, I was able to leave Ariel with broken stroller with Stella, allowing me to go over to the hardware store to buy a new pin. I got a whole bag for a dollar, gotta love that! Went back and was able to fix the wheel in under a minute. I will be making a repair kit to keep in the stroller, in case this ever happens again when I am on the other side of town alone. Ariel was very happy to have her stroller fixed, as we like to walk.


We got home and Ariel took a nap and so did I. We had an early dinner since Ken was going to be late, and watched the Project Runway finale. Ariel was glued to her seat, who would win! Hahaha.


Tomorrow Nana, Stella, Ariel and I will be going up to Mom's grave. I still find it hard that its both the day I lost my Mom and my Dad's birthday. Will always be strange that way I guess. Then we will be going to lunch together, so that will be nice. Rita was kind enough to go stay with Papa so I could get Nana out of the house. 8 years... has it really been that long?

To close, some fun Ariel pictures.


Love the 'go to sleep' pose she does. Haha.


Mommy's little princess.

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Aren't you handy fixing the stroller just like that!

Dianne said...

Hey there Ms. Fix-It, thinking of you today. Big hugs.

SarahRachel said...

Love the turtle outfit and shoes...and hat. She's little Miss Accessory. =) Isn't it funny the things our kids will watch? Jackson will sit in my lap and watch an entire episode of "A Baby Story" on TLC or "Jon and Kate +8".

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...