Sunday, March 16, 2008

Palm Sunday

First off, thank you for your kind words from yesterday. Its not going to be easy, but we will be taking it one day at a time.

This morning Ken had to leave early for a meeting at church regarding the Animation festival he is organizing, so Ariel and I walked. It was a beautiful morning and it was a nice way to start the day, very relaxed. Ahhh.

When we arrived, Ariel saw all the kids inside practicing for Palm Sunday, waving their branches and singing. She followed them in and watched so intently, it was very cute. Then Ariel was asked if she would like to wave a branch too! She wasn't sure at first, but after a bit of practice she got the hang of it.


First lesson was about how to hold it. Lol.


Take 2!


When the service started, she was all excited again from watching the kids and finally mastered her branch! Hosanna!


She saw the camera and was trying to slow down so her Daddy could take her picture.


I was so proud of her, and excited she got to take part with the older kids. Very special indeed. Next Sunday we will be putting the flowers in the cross, which is always very beautiful. I am sure she will enjoy that as well.

Now today's egg moment.


The soldiers who crucified Jesus placed a crown of thorns on His head, so they could mock Him by saying, "Hail, King of the Jews!" (Read Matthew 27:29-31 for more of the story)

I am off to enjoy the afternoon! Have a great day everyone.

3 comments:

SarahRachel said...

Sounds like a great Sunday! We haven't found a church down here that we like and I miss it so much (especially this time of year)!! I can't wait to move back to our old hometown and start going again. Ariel was so cute with her palm leaf.
BTW- you are the QUEEN of blogging, girl. I wish I was as consistent as you. Ariel is going to LOVE going back and seeing all your entries and pictures.

Dianne said...

Just catching up, and sending a prayer your way for you and your grandpa. (hugs!)

The resurrection eggs are really cool... I'd never heard of them before. I'm going to have to see if I can track some down out here.

thelovelist said...

Some Like it Southern won The Love List's Blog Botox giveaway - but thank you for enterting and commenting, I appreciate every lady who stopped by during the party, and I'll link to your blog in my after party post later this week :) You still have a chance to get a nip and tuck for your blog of your very own! Just head on over to Poppy Seed Designs at http://www.poppyseeddesign.net and order your own blog makeover - it's a bargain at 99 bucks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...