Saturday, March 29, 2008

I Feel Like Hibernating

Hey everyone, sorry to drop off out of no where. It has been a short week, but then at times seemed to take forever to end. I have been sooooooo tired, more so since I haven't been use to Ariel waking up in the night for a long time. Update on the eye teeth, still haven't shown themselves... but there are bumps! I have hope... what are we going on... 4 months waiting.... whats another month? Sigh.

Then to add insult, we were given the worst week in weather! Mostly rain... yesterday we had SNOW!!!! My buddy Brenda said they were due to get snow, but apparently the snow forgot where it was suppose to go. At least I still have our snow tires on the car, I still remember the freak snow of May that one year... yeah.

On Wednesday we were to be hanging with Erin and Carter, but sadly he woke up that morning with a fever. Ariel was disappointed not to get to see 'Tartar' but its better he gets well first. Get well soon big guy!


Instead we mostly hung out at home and Ariel was showing her love for hats and mitts. She loves dressing up in that stuff. In fact she likes anything she can put on, perhaps its time for more dress up clothes.


There was also the puzzle hour... Ariel can't get enough of these! It all started with the great one Brenda and Mallory got her for Christmas, and she has started learning to do the small peg ones. 2 and up my butt! Haha!


We also had another potty training session. Basically I let her sit and read on the potty, drink some water and hope that something happens. So far nothing, but at least she is liking sitting on the potty instead of making her toys do it now. She understands that pee goes in there, but hasn't performed the event yet... stay tuned.


Thursday morning was spent at the church as I was helping getting the directory printed. Turns out my printer specs were different than the church ones, ugh, so I had to play around a bit to get them to print properly. During our time there, we missed the hail! Yes, hail! Nana called to say she come to watch Ariel so I could zip home to get the car, good thing I wasn't finished yet and when the time came to go, the weather was holding. I am sure that is why I am tired too, I miss my walks.

Ariel managed to entertain herself while I worked by destroying the office space. Thanks again Irene for letting us cause havoc in your personal space. The highlight for Ariel was riding the dish cart from the kitchen, whee!


On the way home we saw Stella and Donna at the Quilt shop. Stella gave us some very pretty flowers.


Its 'that' weekend again... it will be 8 years since my Mom died. Perhaps this is another reason for my tiredness, since my body tends to shut down sometimes until its over again. The more I think about it, the more it makes sense. Good thing I have my little princess to make me smile regardless of how my heart is feeling.


During the evening we got to chat with Kara online for a bit. We hooked up the web cam and she got to see Ariel put on a show. I can't believe Kara will be home for good soon! Yay!!!

Friday morning we had breakfast with Dad and Rita. Yummy. Ariel spent the majority time when not eating, trying to figure out how to undo the seat beat. Then with the snow falling, we drove to the craft store in Richmond to get the thread I was missing for my cross stitch. Not sure what we were thinking with that one. Even Ariel seemed concerned with the trucks blasting past us making it hard to see. However we arrived safe and I got Ariel some funky crayons for surviving the drive with her mother. Haha.


We came back to town and stopped in to Nana and Papa's place. Nana and Ariel watched the snow fall... it wasn't even nice snow, it was cold, wet, blowing snow. Yuck! Ariel is showing a bit of her Uncle Mike with her dislike of things falling on her head. She seemed really irked that the snow was landing on her hair. Mikey use to hate that too when he was little, and would pull his coat up to protect his head. Awe. I already knew she hated having dirty hands, so we shall add this one to the list.


Papa seems to be recovering well. He has been walking well with his walker, but his leg is still pretty swollen and he isn't sleeping well. However he seems to always perk up with a visit from princess. He even told Nana that, so that makes me feel like we are helping somehow.

Ken was working late, so we had an early dinner and played until he got home. Glamor girl!


Ariel brought me my camera and wanted a picture with Mommy, awe. I just thought it was too cute not to post, so just excuse the lack of make up and the bags under my eyes. Haha.


Once princess was in bed, I spent the remainder of the evening working. I have been putting together some samples for a possible new client. I really hope it works out because she be so great to work with! Guess we shall see how it goes.

In closing, had to share this with you. This is Ken's newest little video project he did over Easter weekend. I love it, my sweetie is awesome! Enjoy!

4 comments:

Tera said...

I had been wondering about you. :) I'm sorry about your mother. I honestly can't imagine how hard that must be for you. ((bighug))
Great video by Ken! And I'm glad to hear your Papa is feeling better.
Wishing you sunshine this week!

Jill Brochard said...

(((((((hugs))))))) Jay! I can only imagine how hard this time of the year is for you. I will keep you in my thoughts.

Kristin said...

Aww, what a cute picture of the 2 of you! :)

I have not been around your blog that long so I was unaware that your mom is no longer with you. :( I will be thinking of you.

SarahRachel said...

I love that pic of you and Ariel. Your skin is far too perfect with out makeup on. I'm jealous! That video Ken made is awesome. What a cool compilation of videos and that's one of my favorite Switchfoot songs and it works perfectly with it.
I think it makes perfect sense that the emotional strain of this time of year take a toll on you physically. Hugs.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...