Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter!

Hope everyone had a wonderful and fulfilling Easter! Things for us were petty good, a few bumps along the day, but in the end, it all worked out.

This morning we woke up to see what the Easter bunny had left us. Ariel was very excited about her new carrot toy filled with bunnies and her magnetic numbers.


I was touched to find a lovely basket of flowers and some low calorie chocolate. Yay!


We had some breakfast and got ready for church. Then some pictures before we left. First Daddy...


...then Mommy.


Ariel wore her special bunny coat. So cute!


When the service started, it became apparent that the person scheduled for the nursery didn't show up or make arrangements to trade days. Frankly, it made for a very upset and cranky me... especially since I had family here today and I am suppose to do it next week. I am hoping this person can do it next time for me... I am really frustrated with the whole thing these days. I don't understand why no other parents are signing up to help. I am not the only one using the nursery, so why shouldn't others help too. I know we are planning to put in effect the 'if you use it, you have to help' policy this summer... after today and my frustration with the whole thing, I am almost wishing it could be sooner. Sigh.


So yeah, I missed the whole service and I was pretty bummed and disappointed. We also didn't do the flowers on the cross like we usually do. It still looked pretty, but it wasn't the same. I like traditions... and I hope the old one comes back next year. I know I wasn't alone on that feeling too, since I heard several people mention their disappointment. Oh well, Jesus has still risen regardless. Hee.


Today in the nursery, blog pal Kelly's daughter Taeya came to play. Ariel liked feeding her fish crackers.


Then Ariel decided to be the queen, enough said.


After the service, there was much paska to be eaten. Ariel was very happy indeed!


After church, I had a surprise baby shower to go to. Yes, that was what the secret event I didn't mention yesterday was. Hee. I got a very late invite, since it was a very late planned event. Julie was very surprised I think to see Gwen and I standing in her living room.


It was a fun little shower, and as usual I stunk at all the games. Haha. Had to take a picture of the diaper cake Kelly made her sister. Very cool, and had I had more time, I am sure my gift would have been more exciting. I plan on getting a cute outfit once baby arrives. Hee. It will be fun to shop for a wee baby again.


Ken and Ariel came to pick me up and we headed to Nana's to help with dinner. Yay for a pretty table!


Jo the tax goddess brought all our papers to sign tonight, and we surprised her with a little gift of thanks! She rocks! Woot!


Dinner was soooooooooo yummy and so was the costco cake I got for dessert. Ariel polished off a big piece. Chocolate was everywhere.


Then came some gifts, a cool book and hair things from Dad and Rita. Ariel totally loved the book. I expect it to be a favorite for a long time. Nana and Papa had given Ariel the sandals earlier in the week, can't wait to wear them. Then Dad got to open his gifts. Talk about funny when both Mike and Jo and us got him Keg gift cards. Seriously, what are the odds? Great minds think alike.


Then came the egg hunt, inside due to rain. Ariel did very well finding the not so hidden eggs.


Only once was she distracted by the wheel chair.



Then she found the big prize! Yay!


Afterwards, we all hung out and visited in the living room. Ariel played nurse again and brought out the cookies... yeah, I am sure thats the idea. Ha!


After watching Ariel twirl and giggle for an hour, it was time to pack up to go home. I spent most of the evening while Ken was bathing her, looking for a missing sock. This is why I have the bag they go in after being wore. I hope it shows up since its a cute lacy one. I am assuming the princess stuck it somewhere... if you ask her, she just says 'gone'. Not a big help. (UPDATE - sock has been found, yay!)

Well, so ends our big day. Ken is off tomorrow, and we aren't sure what we will do. I guess we shall see. So to close, Happy Easter, from all of us to all of you! Blessings!

5 comments:

Dianne said...

Just catching up... wow, I miss a few days, and look what happens!

1. Congrat on the incredible weight loss... you look GREAT!

2. So sorry to hear of your Papa's fall. Sending prayers and hugs your way.

kelly ens said...

Ariel's little bunny poncho (?) was SOOOO cute!!! I'm glad the girls were able to meet and hang out. Thanks again SO much for being in the nursery - I hope you get a few Sunday's 'off' soon! Oh yes, and I have to agree - you're looking great!!

Amy said...

OK- LOVE the bunny jacket!!! Happy late Easter, sounds like you had a good, but chaotic one :)

Tera said...

I love the bunny jacket too!! So sweet! It looks like you all had a wonderful Easter.

Michelle said...

she's adorable.but I don't have to tell you that!!! love the bunny coat priceless..hope the chocolate was yummy... and what a gorgeous card that you made..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...