Friday, March 14, 2008

Good Golly Miss Molly

Had to start with this one. Ariel loves to sit in the toy basket, Daddy grabbed this moment last night. Hee. I wish I had a toy basket to sit in. Happy 19 months Ariel! I can't believe it! My baby isn't a baby, but a little girl. Wah!


Anyhoo, last night we had Ariel try on a bathing suit she got as a gift from Jo-anne, who had been vacationing in Hawaii for 2 months.


Jo-anne had also brought back several other little trinkets for the princess, and we wanted to make a thank you card so we had some fun trying to get a few good pictures.


The party came to an end when Ariel accidentally pooped in the swimsuit, and she was mortified! She cried and Daddy had to get her out and into the tub to calm her down. Silly girl.

This morning Ariel and I were up early to meet the gals for coffee at the cafe. They all go to Curves on Friday, so at 830am we met up with them. Ariel of course made a mad dash for the counter and pointed at the quiche.

Once the food was gone, Ariel was ready to roll, so we got back in the car (it was raining) and instead of driving home, I headed to Tsawwassen. I figured since I had Ariel in the car, we would drive up to look for new Birkenstocks. Of course half way there I realized the mall might not be open yet. When we arrived at 915am, we saw we had to wait for another 15minutes, so I took Ariel to the grocery store to kill time. She really enjoyed visiting the crabs in the tank and was blowing them kisses. Little does she know they will be someones dinner. Can't wait to have that talk with her one day. Ugh.

The mall finally opened and I was able to special order the exact shoes I wanted, yay! So they will arrive in about 2 weeks, which gives Spring enough time to get its act together and show up. Haha.

Then we came home and Ariel and I waited for Molly to arrive. Molly's parents Chris and Julie were off to Vegas this weekend with Mike and Jo (Julie is Jo's oldest sister). Anyhoo, Grandma wasn't available to take Molly until 2pm, so I agreed to watch her till then. Ariel loves kids, so I figured why not, it will be fun.

They arrived at noon and after some paperwork (lol, I had to be a witness on their will) I got all the Molly instructions! Ariel was thrilled and was eager to show Molly her toys, and of course we had to do a lesson about not throwing them at Molly's head. The laughing from all the grown ups in the room didn't help the situation. Lol. They managed to get out the door and off for a weekend of fun... still wondering why I wasn't invited. Haha.


Here are the girls together, awe. Ok, Molly is a big girl! Her parents lovingly called her a giant when seeing her next to Ariel. They are in the same size clothes and are pretty much the same weight and length. Molly is 9 months to Ariel's 19 months... Yikes! Yes, we have a petite princess. It was like having twins, except one was running and throwing, the other spitting up and falling over.


Ariel was really fascinated watching Molly wiggle around.


Ariel is such a sweetie when it comes to sharing her stuff (when not throwing it anyways). Elmo is a prized possession around here, so to show Molly was quite something. Its a good thing Ariel missed the part where Molly spit up on Elmo, hehe, nothing a baby wipe can't fix.


Ariel then wanted to feed Molly like she was one of her little babies. This was too funny. Molly was a really good sport.


It was interesting to see Ariel want to be like Molly with using a bottle (something she never really did). She wanted Molly's real bottle so bad, and when I said no, turned to the toy one. Guess she isn't ready to grow up, which is ok, I am not ready either. Sniff.


Both Ariel and Molly needed to go down for naps, and I thought I would let Molly use the crib and put Ariel in our bed, which is always a treat and she loves it.


However, the idea of someone else in her crib and that she wasn't invited was too far. Oh well, so I pulled out the play yard and had Molly sleep in the computer room...


...and Ariel (eventually) fell asleep in her own bed. She was pretty mad about nap time in general today, since she was convinced that she was missing something.


Molly woke up about 45 minutes later which worked out well because her Grandma arrived to pick her up. I said good bye to Molly and was ready for nap myself once they were gone. It was fun having 2 little ones around,and was a good experience for the future. Hee.

Ariel woke up early from her nap and so we took a big walk since we didn't get one earlier. We rented a movie for tonight, 'Dan in Real Life.' Hope its good, the previews look promising, I shall let you know. Tonight we were having chinese food to celebrate my over 30 pound weight loss, it was my cheat meal night! Woot! It was very yummy and I ate mostly the veggies anyways, funny how when you go healthy its hard to want to eat junk. Strange but good!

Ok, on with our Easter moment of the day.


Praying hands remind us that Jesus went to the Garden of Gethsemane to pray with His disciples. (Read Mark 14:32-42 for more of the story)

Well, I am off to have some family time, hope you have a good night! I hear Ken and Ariel watching High School Musical 2 on tv downstairs, so I can't miss the dancing from our little super star. Hee.

4 comments:

Brenda said...

Awww, looks like you guys had a super fun day! Love the swimsuit, too!

btw, where did you get the little trinkets and idea for your Easter eggs? I'd love to do that with Mallory next year!

Jay said...

The eggs are called Resurrection Eggs. Look for them on Christianbook.com, they are on sale right now for $11.99

I got ours when we were in Michigan last year at this really cool Christmas store. They had an Easter section and I found them there. The little booklet that comes with them has a story to read and the verses to look up for more. They come in a plastic egg carton too for storage, very cool!

Kim said...

How did you enjoy "Dan in Real Life"? I recently bought it since I thought it was really cute when I saw it before. What can I say . . . I'm a sucker for romantic comedies!

Jay said...

It was good, more of a drama than comedy, but we enjoyed it. Love Steve Carell, he is really great in this one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...