Friday, March 07, 2008

The Ultimate Blog Party 2008

Ultimate Blog Party 2008
Party time! Woot! Welcome to my blog entitled, ‘This is the Great Adventure.' When starting this blog a few years ago, I was unsure of what to use as a name. I wanted something that would fit with me over time. So it dawned on me to use one of my favorite Steven Curtis Chapman songs that I use to listen to all the time as a teen. I think the lyric sums it all up.

My hubby Ken and I will be celebrating our 7th anniversary this June. Its hard to believe how fast time goes by and now we have our wonderful daughter Ariel, who will turn 2 this August, in our lives as well. My blog pretty much focuses on my life as a SAHM and all the fun creative things I love to do. I am freelance graphic designer, and do the odd projects here and there. I love photography, cooking, painting, sewing and crafts in general. Sometimes I help out my husband with all his fun side projects he does with animation. Here is a brief little slide show of the history of our little family to the title track of this blog, hee!


In my spare time I love my online friends and communities. I belong to a wonderful group on She Knows – Babies born in August 06, and have met people I will forever consider close friends. I also belong to a cross stitch board, and am a member of Gymbofriends. Yes, I am a Gymboree nut! Some might call it an obsession, you know who you are, but I love my Gymbo! I also love a good deal, so I tend to use my web knowledge to get great tips on sales and coupons. Yay. Here is a little Gymbo slideshow, yes yes… I am nuts and I hope you find it funny too!


Ariel is really a little star in our eyes. She is so funny, smart and full of personality. Just take a look at her doing her Alphabet... and her twist on a few of the letters. Hehe.



Well, we were glad you stopped by! Its always wonderful meeting new people, and please leave a comment and say hi and where you are from. This also applies to my regular friends too, lets see how many people stop by! Come on, lets make a new record! Enjoy yourself at the blog parties, I know I am!

37 comments:

Nadine said...

I came by for the party. I enjoyed watching your slide show. You have a beautiful family. I love your header picture - it's very striking.

Kim said...

Another great post full of wonderful pictures! Party on!!

Anonymous said...

Nice to meet you! You have a great post!

tammi said...

Hey, a fellow Canuck!! Hello, there!! I love your header picture and enjoyed the slideshows as well. You have a beautiful family.

My Blessings From Above said...

Nice to meet you! Thanks for stopping by my blo! You're daughter is adorable!

Anonymous said...

Hey fellow Canadian! Count your blessings that you are on the West Coast, my FIL called to rub it in that it is warm and Spring-like, we in turn are counting the centimeters of snow that are falling :).

Great to met you, thanks for stopping by the party!

Netherfieldmom said...

Hey--came by from the party! What a terrific slideshow of your family--well done! It's so fun to watch a couple grow up and your baby is precious! Stop by and meet me too...

a woman who is said...

You are indeed living the great adventure. Beautiful family! Enjoy every moment.

Anonymous said...

Pleased to meet you! I enjoyed your slide shows. You have a beautiful family. The picture of you and your daughter is precious!
Good luck as you continue your great adventure!

Come party with me!

Valarie Lea said...

Your party is great, and I loved the slideshows.

Debbie @ Three Weddings said...

I just recently discovered Gymboree. I bought a lot of Gap with my older two girls. I love to shop Gymboree's sales racks! I just went crazy with their tulip line.

Thanks for stopping by my party! Have a great week.

Anonymous said...

i was on she knows for 03, 04, 05 and 07 babies! how neat is that. your dd is so pretty! thanks for sharing all your pics!

Michelle said...

It's great to meet you! Thanks for stopping by, come again anytime :)

I snuck a peek at your little girl's blog and love your sense of humor! I look forward to reading more here. Enjoy the party!

~Meshellyn

CC said...

Your little girl is beautiful! nice to meet you!

Dianne said...

Hi Janet!!!

tarable said...

Thanks for stopping my my blog, it sounds like we have a lot in common. You have a very cute girl! Happy Blog Party!

Unknown said...

Is it a coincidence that your gymbo slide show is almost twice as long as your life so far? Hehehe. Love you and the fam - miss you a lot! Glad to see Ariel's alphabet is coming along... I like her twist on U and Z :) 102 Days till Grad!

kelly ens said...

i like how ARiel points to her head for 'Z' - cuteness!

Four Little Penguins said...

Too cute! I came to party, but I will be back to browse. ;)

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a great blog. Happy party-come over to mine when you can! Blessings.

Stacey said...

Oh wonderful party over here! I'm glad you came by and led me over....your daughter is adorable!

Tera said...

Tera here from BIS 06. :) Love your slide shows. Ariel is amazing with the alphabet and so darn cute! I married a Mennonite boy too! :) Now I'm curious as to what your last name is! We have a VERY common Mennonite name for our area...hence why we used unique names for our girls.

Jeremy said...

I always enjoy your blog, you are a great writer and always entertaining!

It's so fun watching Ariel grow up through pictures and stories!

See ya soon.

Lisa said...

Beautiful daughter. Love your blinkies on the side bar. I am a bit blinkie addicted these days. Nice to meet you! Have a great time blog partying :)

Pam said...

Nice to meet you through the Ultimate Blog Party!

Beautiful family. Thanks for joining in the fun.

Anonymous said...

I'm a gymbo nut, too. You have a beautiful family! Have a happy party.

Anonymous said...

Came by for the party! What a beautiful family you have.

Alexis Jacobs said...

Great party! I can't wait to come back and look around some more.

Happy partying!

Kim said...

Great party. I loved your videos!

Blessings,
Kim C.

Le Butterfly said...

I finally can comment- Yay

Thanks for stopping by. Great to meet you. I enjoyed your post0

Part On!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and "partying with me!" I love your pics and videos here... Nice to meet you.

God Bless, HL

Wani said...

This is fun, making the rounds to new blogs, making new friends! Happy Blog Party! C'mon over to my party post!

Sheila said...

Hi- nice to meetcha! and your precious family! I love your videos and the title of your blog caught my eye while scrolling through to pick one to read...It is a great adventure with Jesus- this life we live!
I'll be adding your blog to my bloglines and pop in to say hi now and again.

Come visit me at one of my blogs:
timothymoms.blogspot.com
encouragHer.blogspot.com
awifeofvalor.blogspot.com

Peace to you!
Sheila

Anonymous said...

I came for the party and ended up staying for quite a while! You have a wonderful blog and, looks like, the greatest of adventures! Congrats!!

Thanks for sharing your beautiful life with me!

Debba / Girlfriendology - a place for inspiration, appreciation & celebration of girlfriends

www.girlfriendology.com
www.girlfriendology.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I stopped by for the party, my first blog party ever. You are the first one I've visited. Loved the Great Adventure slide show!
Just starting my blog about my WAHM job.
barefootapril.wordpress.com
www.MyBarefootBooks.com/April

Meredith said...

Happy beautiful family! Hi!

Unknown said...

Beautiful photo as part of the blog title.

Still hopping from blog to blog... my goal is to post at each blog at least once. Nice to meet you. Happy blogging!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...