Saturday, March 22, 2008

Falling Follow Up

So it hasn't been the type of Easter weekend we expected... frankly in the history of our family, they never are. However, today things are getting more clear and after several meetings and talking with each other, there are some plans being made, and long term ideas coming to light. Not much else I can say at this point, but the continued prayers and love from everyone towards my family is very much appreciated! Thank you.

This morning Ariel and I thought we go by the house to see how things were. We ended up running into Uncle Bill and Aunt Penny and joined them for coffee. After getting the few things I needed for tomorrow at the store, Ariel and I drove over to the house.

Ariel was eager to try out the new toys... one being the wheelchair. Not such a hit with Papa, but a big success with princess. Go figure!


Then the walker... Ariel also agreed that it was a fun toy.


Until it falls over, oops.


Fran was over to change the dressing on Papa's hand this morning. Good to have a friend that use to be a home care nurse! Ariel wanted to be a nurse too. She took off while we were all in the bedroom and came back with the tin of cookies. I guess thats her idea of medicine. Awe.


We had a family meeting at Dad and Rita's over lunch. Ariel spent most of the time playing with Uncle Mike's shoes or trying to get up the stairs to Grandpa's computer. Following the meeting, I stopped at the store for some Easter napkins to dress up the table. We had to move dinner to Nana's place so that we could all be together and so Papa wouldn't be alone.


I got home and by then Ken was back from work, so I got Ariel into bed and then took a walk on my own to get a breather. I had gotten a very last minute email regarding a special occasion tomorrow afternoon (can't say more than that at the moment since she may see it on here) that I needed a present for, so it was perfect timing to get out alone. I stopped again by Nana's to drop off the table cloth and napkins for tomorrow, and had a little visit.

During this time Papa decided he wanted to get out of bed, and thank heavens Fran was there to help since Bill and Penny were catching up on some sleep (they had a rough night with Papa and were very over tired). So he seemed happy to be sitting in his chair, and got to try out the walker. I told him this was a floor model and not a roof one. He seemed to agree, haha.

I left again to walk home and made some yummy burgers for dinner. Ken and Ariel had some easter cookies for dessert, I only got an ear. Hee.


I got Ariel's Easter stocking all ready for a visit from the bunny tonight. Can't wait to see what little treats he brings her.


Looking forward to church tomorrow morning. Bill is going to stay with Papa so Nana came come and enjoy herself. Ariel is excited to wear her pretty dress and see blog baby friend Taeya! Hope we can get a picture, whee! I am looking forward to the blooming cross, yay!

Ok, last Easter egg moment.


Jesus' tomb was empty because He rose from the dead! (Read Matthew 28:5-8 for more of the story)

Have a great Easter and be sure to stop by to see our pictures of the big day!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...