Thursday, March 20, 2008

Tis Thursday... but in a way, its Friday...

Short weeks always mess me up. Hehe. Oh well, I am looking forward to having Ken off for a few days. He does have to teach a class still on Saturday, but other than that, he is off tomorrow and Monday. Sweet!

This morning it was a girls day in Richmond. Nana, Ariel and I went to the mall and then a quick run through Costco. I was very successful in my search today for shoes. I got a really cute pair of dressy ones that I love. Plus they were on sale, score! They show off my cute toes, hee.


Also picked up a little sweater for Ariel to wear with her Easter dress since I hear its suppose to rain now. Ugh. So not impressed, and its frustrating. Part of me is waiting to see it before I believe it. They have been wrong before... if there is rain, I guess the egg hunt will be indoors.

I also picked up a really cute white dress at Old Navy. I was thinking of taking off the plain white sash and making a new one from some sort of aqua fabric to make it pop. I like that it matches a dress that I got Ariel back when we went to the outlet stores during New Years. Maybe some cute beach pictures together this summer.

We also stopped by Cobs bakery. Oh my goodness, that place is amazing! I highly suggest not going if you are trying to cut carbs! Since its Easter weekend, there will be some cheat meals going on, since I have been so good lately. Tomorrow for Good Friday, I bought some hot cross buns for breakfast. Some are the traditional fruit ones, the others are chocolate chip! Oh my, hee hee. Yummy.

At Costco I found 2 tank tops in olive green and chocolate brown. Very pretty. I also got some smoked salmon and another little something from the Easter bunny for both Ariel and Ken. One thing I wasn't planning on getting was the delicious chocolate mousse cake they were serving as a special this week. The lady gave Ariel a HUGE piece and she polished it right down. I was to make a dessert for Easter dinner/ Dad's birthday, but this was too light and creamy to pass up. I will still pick up some strawberries to go with it, perhaps dip them in chocolate too!

We got home and Ariel went straight to bed she was so tired. I spent the afternoon relaxing and stitching, here as promised is my work on this piece thus far.


Also finished up the egg craft. A little gift for everyone on Sunday.


Ariel got up and was messing up the living room. Looks like a tornado came through.


I haven't decided what is more embarrassing, posting pics so everyone can see just a portion of my messy living room... or the fact Natalie came by to drop off some papers tonight and saw it in person... plus a half naked kid running around. (We were preparing for bath time when she came by).

Ken was out at another Bible study group tonight doing his little follow up animation talk. This is the second one he has done, and still has one to go with our group. He had a great time, which was awesome. The not so fun part came when he had to leave a crying, heartbroken little girl. She loves her Daddy.

She bounced back pretty quick once she had a snack. Her gum is really swollen today, so I am hoping we may get an Easter tooth... but we have been waiting 3 months now for these dang eye teeth, so I won't be surprised if it doesn't happen.


Well, better get to the Easter moment for today, as I want to go to bed soon.


Joseph of Arimathea wrapped the body of Jesus in a linen cloth after He died on the cross. (Read Matthew 27:57-61 for more of the story)

Well, I will be checking in most of the weekend, so stop by for some fun Easter pictures. I am off to bed, sooner I get to sleep, the sooner I get a hot cross bun in the morning. Whee!

2 comments:

Amy said...

enjoy your hot crossed buns- you deserve them!!! MMMMMMM they sound so good, and so does that chocolate cake!! Happy Easter You guys!

kelly ens said...

1. love the egg craft!
2. i also love seeing another messy living room. we have toddlers; this is life. besides, it's fun seeing what toys she has, and which ones are the same as Taeya's :)
3. chocolate mousse cake...mmmmmm!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...