Saturday, March 15, 2008

Cyber Baby

Today was an interesting day. It was filled with some embarrassing moments and one that my heart is still hurting from. I thought I would take Ariel for a walk and swing by Nana and Papa's for a visit. I got Ariel in the stroller and walked probably almost 10 minutes before realizing I left my keys in the door of the car. Doh! Not my proudest moment, and so I ran back at full speed with the stroller. Of course they were still there, and I was very thankful for our sleepy little town. Sigh, note to self, don't do that again.

Then with the rain somewhat starting, sort of, I drove instead to the house. Things were fine until a battle rerupped between me and Papa. Just this week the doctor deemed him unable to safely drive anymore. Needless to say, it hasn't gone over well and being the determined person I am, I refused to back down. I wanted to try and make him understand, even though with his mind changing I knew that was near impossible. I just love him so much I couldn't stop from getting heated and angry when he started saying things I thought I'd never hear him say. I don't want to go into things too much, but my heart is still bruised from this one. We did make things right at the end, but in a way its never going to be right again. I said what I needed to say... for what it was worth, I don't know.

When I got in the car and started driving home, I felt very defeated and confused. This song came on and it was like an answered prayer. It didn't make the moment any less painful, but it made sense to me. 'Even if your hands are shaking, And your faith is broken, Even as the eyes are closing, Do it with a heart wide open, Say what you need to say.' I said what I did because I love my Papa, even if he didn't want to hear it.


Take all of your wasted honor
Every little past frustration
Take all of your so-called problems,
Better put 'em in quotations

Say what you need to say

Walking like a one man army
Fighting with the shadows in your head
Living out the same old moment
Knowing you'd be better off instead,
If you could only ...

Say what you need to say

Have no fear for giving in
Have no fear for giving over
You'd better know that in the end
Its better to say too much
Then never say what you need to say again

Even if your hands are shaking
And your faith is broken
Even as the eyes are closing
Do it with a heart wide open

Say what you need to say


The rest of the afternoon after Ken got home, I spent on the couch cross stitching. Its my therapy and it helped. We had leftovers for dinner and while Ken worked, Ariel and I played. She practiced her typing...


...made sure Bear got some milk...


...did some puzzles...


...and said 'cheeeeeeese' for the camera. Very nice!


We then got a buzz on our computer from Ken's mom for the video chat!!! This is something we have been trying to get working for awhile. Silly Mac to PC issues, but Dan got things worked out on their end, yay! So Ariel was very excited to see Grammy!




She did her letters, stacked blocks and even did some lovely drawings, all while Grammy watched and chatted. It was sooooooooo wonderful! Ariel even did a new record with stacking 7 blocks in a tower! Woot!


Then she tried to animate like Daddy. Awe!



To end the day on such a high note was a blessing. I have to now clean the monitor from the Ariel kisses. Hee.

Ok, here is today's egg!


After His trial by Pilate, the Roman soldiers used leather ropes with rocks and metal woven in to whip Jesus leaving 39 deep gashes in His skin. (Read John 19:1-15 for more of the story and Matthew 27:26-31 for further context).

Tomorrow is Palm Sunday at church, so I expect there will be some sort of display with the kids and palm branches. Yay. Then next week is the big Easter weekend with all the family stuff planned. Until then, the countdown continues. See ya tomorrow!

4 comments:

Jill Brochard said...

Just want to send you a huge (((((((((((((((((((((((hug))))))))))))))))))

missmarble said...

Big hugs to you Jay.

We went through something similar with Lily's godmother recently, in terms of the driving. My auntie (Lily's godmother)didn't want to give up that bit of independance her car gave her. It's a pride issue too. They don't want to be a bother or a burden to the people around them, and sometimes forget that we are there to help them now the way they helped us when we were growing up.

Kim said...

A big hug and prayers for your family! I can relate to what you're going through as we went through the same things with my dad before he passed away. I remember him being in his first care home and talking about how he knew he could get his license back if he could just recite the numbers backwards from 10. He asked my sister and I to help him practice. It was heart-breaking!

If you ever need someone to talk to who's been there, please know that I'm always here!

SarahRachel said...

I'm so sorry about your interaction with your Grandpa. Alan's gpa (who passed away this month)went through a similar time and said so many things that were uncharacteristic and unintended.
We do web cams with my family, too! I love technology.
AWESOME thing with the Easter Eggs!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...