Monday, December 20, 2010

Princesses Rule!

Project 365 - Day 354


Do not be afraid of their faces, for I am with thee to deliver thee.
Jeremiah 1:8

Today was a fun day for our family as we went to the movies! We have been eager to go see Tangled since it came out but wanted to wait till vacation, not to mention its easier to go with Xander with the less stress of it being a super full theater too. Dad joined us since Rita was off doing stuff, and he even got our tickets for us, thanks again!

So we settled in for a 1pm show, perfectly timed so that Xander would eventually fall asleep. Of course he wasn't going to sleep until he got his hands on some popcorn, haha. The movie started and the darkness was enough for Xander who nursed and fell asleep in my arms. I passed him over to Ken and we enjoyed the movie. WOW, first off from an artist point of view, it was gorgeous! As a cg film, it was stunning... Ken and I are really hard on cg films because its not always done well or making full use of the medium. Finally story and music wise, it was right up there with classic films. Ken and I both were crying in a particular scene, it was pure magic.

Perhaps the most beautiful thing, Ariel's face during the movie. Ken nudged me at one point to peek at her face and it was glowing with wonder and amazement. She loved it, and we have another favorite princess in the house. Xander awoke right in the finale and let out a funny, 'whoa' during the climax of the film. Haha, he liked the horse's funny faces.

We came home and I had a call from a lady wanting cookies for this week and if I could do it. Since its a small order of only 30 cookies I said yes, I was already making cookies tonight so what was one more batch. In the end I made sugar cookies for the order, gingerbread men for Ariel's party tomorrow, rice krispie square, peanut butter reindeer cookies and Christmas crack. So we are ready for company now with boxes of goodies.

So tomorrow Ariel's friends come over for a cookie decorating party, so that should be fun. I need to get up early to mix up the icing and tidy up before they arrive, so better get to bed. Good night... and 5 sleeps to go, whee!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...