Friday, August 31, 2007

Long weekend o' fun!

Yay, I get three whole days of family time, and I can't wait! Expect many fun family pics of our adventures!

This morning I met my Dad for breakfast with Ariel. It was really nice and yummy. Afterwards, I drove to the mall yet again for picking up pictures from Sears... ARGH! I am really beginning to dislike these people. I get there and no one is there, its 1030am and I stand waiting... and waiting. Finally, another woman comes in with her son and sits down to wait. We know are both waiting.... and waiting. Then 2 gals come in, one who completely ignores me and takes the waiting lady and her son to the back for pictures. The other girl, asks if I had been helped. Um, no... there was no one here. Duh.

She begins looking for my pictures. After what seems to be another 10 minutes, she finds them and I sigh from relief that they were in fact in... then I see them. Three of them are perfect, but the final print had a large crease down it. I break down, I think I am totally in PMS land, buts that's beside the point. I point out the issue and she responds, we will order another set. At least they offer that sheet for me for now. This time, I speak up, and calmly through tears explain my frustration. This is the part that makes me mad... I am crying, she laughs when saying 'well I am sorry.' At least she has the guts to say sorry unlike the other dork, but the laughing during it makes it very shallow in my opinion.

Seriously, am I being totally sensitive? I then ask if they can mail me the print so I don't have to drive out AGAIN! She says no, they don't do that. Good grief, why not! I left and cried in the toy department. I called Nana to vent, then Ken. He was ready to call the people himself. He doesn't like to hear me cry. Sniff. Needless to say, I left another message for the head photo department via phone today. I leave good complaint messages... ask BC Transit.

Other than another emotional breakdown over stupid pictures, I took Ariel to the park. It was one of those occasions where we encountered other children who wanted to meet us. I always find it rather funny, getting so much info on some random stranger. Today we met Tessa and in less that 5 minutes I knew both her parents names, where they worked, where she lived and that she liked BBQ chips. Here is a sample of our talk:

Tessa: Whats your daughters name?
Me: Ariel
T: Does she have a Dad?
M: Yes
T: whats his name?
M: Ken
T: does he work at Ikea?
M: no
T: Oh, there is a Ken at Ikea, I thought it might have been him. My dad works at Ikea, he is the manager.
M: that's nice
T: you should go to Ikea.
M: sounds fun
T: yeah, say hi to my dad when you do.
M: ok
T: do you know Sharon
M: no
T: she has a baby that is Ariel's age.
M: that's nice
T: yeah, but her baby isn't nice, he cries.
M: hey Tessa
T: yeah?
M you know anyone that works at Sears?
T: no
M: too bad

This goes on for a good 45 minutes. During this time, Tessa and her sister take Ariel on various toys to play. Good thing Ariel likes attention and is easy going. They have a good time and I get a bit of a break. We leave and Ariel is practically passed out in the stroller. What a day.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...