Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Finally, some answers...

Sorry for the long delay, been kinda a crazy day here. So went to the doctors at 315pm today for appointment. Those poor gals at the desk just shake their heads when they see me coming. Heh. Anyhoo, had Ken with me and that was a nice change. Needless to say, the little stinker is still where we left her. Blood pressure and heartbeat were good. She checked my cervix and it was still extremely high, blah. She called the hospital and from there we were off for our non-stress test.

Of course traffic was a cow because it was rush hour. Finally got in at 430pm and got hooked up to the fancy machine. Now, if anyone remembers my stories about how Ariel hates the doppler and moves away from it, can only imagine how much she hated this one. I had to literally hold it down hard so she couldn't run. Over a half hour of this, one apple juice and a few cartoons on tv later we were released. Baby is fine, but is showing signs of being overdue and cranky.

Ok, here it is folks, I am going in THURSDAY MORNING TO BE INDUCED!!! Huzzah! At some point after that there will be a baby. Now I am trying to wrap my brain around it, since this is somewhat different than the video you get in class. Trust my kid to want a schedule, just like mommy. Hehe.

After the hospital, we met up with Ken's mom and brothers at the hotel (hence my delay in blogging) for dinner and another huge bag of gifts for the golden child. Just look at this kid's loot. (Please note that blogger is being a pain so until I can fix it, here are the links to the pictures)

-Clothes
-Necklace

She has more shoes now than I do. She got several cute outfits, books, cds, hat, sunglasses and a baby blanket that Ken's grandma Priebe had made when Daniel was born. That was pretty special indeed, can't wait to let Grandpa Priebe know that, he is gonna be pretty touched. Also, I got a pretty necklace that says mom in a heart surrounded by tiny diamonds. Very pretty and also extremely sweet of her to get me something so nice.

Dinner was really nice, the Beaches restaurant is sure awesome. Yum. However, with our hospital day set, tomorrow is our only free day to get out and about with the family. At least there will be a baby for them to see, thats all that matters to me. Thank the Lord!

I will most likely do an update tomorrow and a brief one before we leave for the hospital on Thursday morning, they want me in by 8am. After that, might be a few days depending on when they release me (if I need surgery or not). Might get Ken to post a picture if possible, but if not expect a full summary sometime next week when we are home and... gulp.... parents!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck to all three of you! How long after they induce do they expect a delivery? Is there still a chance that Ariel and I will share the same birthday!?
God Bless. We'll be thinking about you guys constantly over the next few days (especially as we're frantically trying to ready our own baby room!)

- Jeff and Marie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...