Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Last day before we are offically a family of 3

Today was nice. Spent time just walking around with Ken's family. We drove to Steveston and had fish and chips on the warf. Checked out all the cute shops, Jonathan did most of the shopping. We even visited the shop were we bought our wedding bands 5 years ago. Then we went out to Centennial Beach to lounge a bit. The tide was out but the little pools of water were nice and warm to walk through. Ken's mom enjoyed the little creatures that are unveiled when the water is gone. She has made a list of things to look up to find out what they are.

We came back to our place for awhile and then did an early dinner at White Spot (Jonathan wanted to go to one) All day was really nice and calm, just what I needed. I am trying to keep myself together. I am pretty emotional and just start crying for no reason. Its just amazing and strange that this journey is over and the new phase is just beginning. I was really feeling the weight of this kid today, she is too much for me now. My back is starting to hurt and I can't stay long on my feet. Hopefully tomorrow (or Friday morning) she will be in my arms.

Got the bag packed, Ken's cooler of snacks filled and the phone list ready. We are ready for baby. Wonder if she is ready for us?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck you two!! We'll be thinking of you tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

You'll be in our thoughts on thursday, Janet!
take care and God Bless

Dianne said...

You're in my prayers... all of you! Despite the emotional roller coaster this must be, I know you'll be fine.

(lol... yikes!... are my eyes allowed to well-up too? :)

Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Good luck! Keeping you in my thoughts and my fingers crossed :)
*hugs*

Kim said...

Good luck! You will be in my prayers today!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...