Monday, July 24, 2006

Baby Update

Saw my doctor this morning, and Ariel's head has dropped some more, which is good. Still not totally engaged, boo. Next monday is my due date, and somehow I think the kid has other plans. Sigh. I am taking it all in stride, but its hard with the heat and all the upcoming events.

The sucky part is that if I am heathly, and baby is doing fine, they will let me go to the 10th at the latest, then within 3 days afterwards I would be given some stuff to help start labour if nothing has occured. Thats fine, however, Ken's mom and brothers are booked for coming the 9th to the 14th. There is a possiblity of no baby while they are here. I am trying not to think about it, but my heart would break if that happened. We are soooooooooo far away and I don't think people really understand just how hard it is on them. They miss Ken terribly, and the idea of the first grandchild being just as far away, is not great. It just makes me feel guilty, even though its not my fault, I still feel that way. No one is going to change my mind on that.

Today is cooler, yay. I got up at 2am and sat on the deck. So nice and cool, and then I crashed on the couch till sun up. Might be doing that from now on, especially when Ariel arrives. Ken isn't feeling well today, so I am hoping he perks up. I had an emotional breakdown at bedtime last night, just cried for an hour. Lots on my mind, and just needed to get it out. Its amazing how overloaded one's mind can get.

Well, I am gonna go rest, and talk to this kid about how great life is outside the tummy. Not that she will listen of course, because I am her mother. Heh.

1 comment:

Sonny said...

GIMME A "B" an "A" - "B" - "Y" wuts that spell?? BABY! haha. Just picture me standing on the side lines with a smiley face painted on my tummy and a big foam finger :P
I'm excited for you Jay, you're gonna be a kick-ass mom. I wouldn't sweet the distance thing too much. I know it can be hard. But family is family, love has no boarders and all that jazz. I was always sorta jealous as a kid of the kids who got to travel great distances to see their grandparents. Something magical or special about having to pack up to visit people far away.
Anywho, congrats to ken as well for his book.
Be well,
s.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...