Monday, July 10, 2006

I heart slowcooker!

Yes I do! It made the best sweet and sour ribs for our dinner tonight. Complete with fresh summer veggies. Hmmmm good eattings. Plus plently of lovely leftovers. Huzzah.

The dvd for Stephen and Marcy is offically finished and in its cute little case. I am so glad they were happy with the final product this morning. Always makes the effort worthwhile. Can't wait for the wedding this weekend. Yay.

Other news... not much. I rested today since I had a nasty sleep, as I blogged before. I also realized its full moon today, which does explain my lack of zzz's. I never sleep the few days surrounding full moons, crazy. I have had this issue for years, aren't I lucky. No I am not a werewolf. I did also read that a full moon can sometimes start labour, lol. That would be interesting.

Ken is animating right now, and I should continue burning the dvds. Got a doctors appointment tomorrow. Interested to see what she says. Ariel feels like she is still getting lower. Every little punch is at bladder level, not fun. Ken is referring to her as the monkey child. No kidding!

3 comments:

Dianne said...

3 weeks! crazy! exciting!

would you email me your S&S ribs recipe? (or is it top secret?)

actually cooking for a change would be a great tool for procrastinating with studies!

Jay said...

Slowcooker Sweet and Sour Ribs

Sauce:
2 cups (packed) brown sugar
1/4 cup flour
1/3 cup water
1/2 cup white vinegar
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp ketchup
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp garlic powder

In sauce pan mix sugar and flour, add the water and stir. Add remaining ingredients and heat and stir till boiling and thickened.

I usually buy as many ribs that will fit my slowcooker. Put a bit of the sauce on the bottom of the cooker, add ribs, more sauce etc. Do this until no more of either.

Cook on Low for 10-12 hours or High for 5-6 hours until ribs are tender.

This is indeed one of Ken's favs! You ready for this weekend's test?

Dianne said...

Thanks!

And so far from being ready, but at least it's only Tuesday!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...