Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Evening ramblings

The heat has continued to make my life interesting to say the least. I slept on the couch downstairs last night and found it worked better than upstairs. Needless to say, I am still waiting for that much promised rain.

We had a great time at the Esau's on Monday night for dinner and conversation with a fellow from Winnipeg who was invited also. He does a radio show called God Talk, so him and Ken had much to yak about the world today and media. I enjoyed not having to cook, whee. Dinner was bbq salmon and fresh veggies from their garden. The kids were hiding from the bees that were brought on because of the salmon. I remember doing the same thing at that age, hee.

Ken was home sick today. I think perhapes it was a stomach flu or something along those lines. Right now my stomach is jumping due to a particular baby who has the hiccups. We just played a game of scrabble on the deck by candle light, that was nice. I won, an amazing victory from behind.

Feeling a bit better today. Sent an email to Ken's mom about the situation and she seemed ok, from what we could read into the letter. She knows babies have their own clock, so that makes me feel somewhat relaxed about the situation. Also thanks to my friend Sonny for his kind words and funny cheer. Yay!

Ken is joining me downstairs tonight, we got out the air mattress. Here's hoping he has a better sleep tonight. He is no fun when he is sick, and I have no energy to take care of anyone these days except myself. Its hard to admit that, since I feel the need to help out anyone I can, but the past few weeks I have learned to let go a bit.

Aunty Fran came by tonight with some diapers and a money gift for baby stuff. Very lovely indeed, and I think we are going to put it towards the play yard or baby cage as Ken calls it. Mike and Jo have claimed the bouncy chair as their gift of choice, so really we are just about ready to go at this point. Huzzah!

Ok, off to bed.... or couch in my case.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...