Monday, July 17, 2006

Shower and Strain

Yesterday, Julie, one of the bridesmaids and Jo's oldest sister, threw a lovely shower at her home in Vancouver. It was a beach theme, since Jo is a beach bride! See how happy the bride was to get all this attention. Lol. It was very nice, and the food Julie prepared was fantastic! A girl after my own heart with a great sense of design and presentation. Woot!

I got to finally give my memory box that I painted for them. Can't post a picture until after the wedding since I matched Jo's dress perfectly and we can't let Mikey see it. I was happy Jo liked it, Mike said it was cute (the half of it that he was allowed to see, but it wasn't filled with cash so its not as exciting - right Mike? Heheh)

I managed to win a pretty candle for guessing the number of shells in the glass vase. Actually, Jo's mom guessed the same number so we both won. We said 65, and it was 75, pretty good eh? Then Julie gave everyone a lovely outdoor candle for warding off the bugs, woot, and a little top for Ariel (in the beach theme color of blue). Too cute. Here is a pic of the whole gang, or better known as the new family (minus a few). Family is really a blessing.

It was nice to visit and relax a bit. I was still pretty tired from the wedding the day before, but getting out is great when your usually caged in at home most of the time. Ken went to a dinner that evening with some work people to celebrate Bill Matthew's birthday. Bill gave Ken quite a lovely complement on his book, but I will let him share that.

Today I went to the doctors, and baby is still there. Sigh. There is a chance I will need to have a c-section because she is a little on the big side. They want to try everything of course before going to that, but that we should be prepared. I somewhat had this in the back of my mind since we got pregnant. Maybe I always knew. Guess we will see what happens. I am really getting anxious and tired at this point of the game. I want her out as I feel more and more sick and uncomfortable. So everyone pray that labour starts this week, the sooner the better. In my mind, the eviction notice has been presented.

1 comment:

Dianne said...

Don't give her an eviction notice... that gives her an additional 30 days. Post a court order :)

Praying that Ariel decides she is ready to move out...!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...