Friday, July 20, 2007

Hurting

One thing about the blog world is you get very attached to the people you read about. Even if you don't know them personally, reading their thoughts about things happening in life can affect you. Today was one of those days. I read something you never want to read... but yet sadly, I have several times. A couple lost their little baby girl who was born at 35 weeks. It was due to an infection or something, its still unclear... either way, I am holding Ariel tighter tonight. No one ever expects these sorts of things at the end of a normal pregnancy, and I think it makes it that much harder. This particular couple are believers, and are depending on that faith to get them through this.

I often look back at my own moments when these things happen. Why them? Why not me? Ariel never showed distress with being 2 weeks overdue, and even with the doctor breaking my water and it showing the signs of meconium since the water was green, we never really worried, yet later I read about this same situation with another woman and she lost her baby girl. I try not to dwell on these moments, but its still hard to come to grips with knowing someone didn't get the answer to prayer they wanted.

So I just ask you to pray for a new little angel named Kendall, I don't know her or her family, but I know the pain and I am sure everyone reading this can relate in one way or another. Pray for comfort and the strength they will need dealing with the loss of a little baby who lived for only a day.

If you wish to read more about this couple, please follow the links below.

Cooking the Baby Bean (The couples blog who haven't updated since going into the hospital.)And at Yankee, Rebel and a White Furry Devil (This was Kendall's Aunt, and she has more info regarding donations)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...