Saturday, July 07, 2007

Live Earth

Isn't she worth helping save the earth for? So we have been watching a good chuck of the Live Earth concerts, and it was pretty impressive. Lets hope people got the message. By everyone doing a few things different in our lives, it will make a HUGE change. Simple things like getting reusable shopping bags for groceries (usually they are 99 cents each to purchase), As old bulbs burn out, replace them with energy saving ones. Have your computer go to sleep mode rather than a screen saver, uses alot less energy. Carpool to work or use transit. Turn off the lights when you leave a room and unplug stuff that just sucks up power when you aren't using it. Seriously people, these are soooooo easy! Check out the Live Earth page on MSN for more ideas for going green.

So been non blogging for a few days in hopes of seeing who might leave a comment. I see one new person that I didn't know was reading, so HI! Maybe I will try again sometime, its fun to meet new friends.













I got a request for my pizza recipe, so I give you the Cooking with Jay segment! For the dough (this is for making it in a bread maker) 1 1/8cup warm water, add 1 tbsp of olive oil, 3 1/3 cup flour (I use regular flour not the special bread maker stuff) 1 1/2 tsp salt, sugar and yeast. Turn your breadmaker to dough. On my it take about 1 hour and 20 mins to make it up.












During that time, I chop up the toppings. I use green peppers, onions and mushrooms. Gotta love veggies! My secret here is to saute them in a frying pan first. Helps the natural juices to be released instead of on the pizza itself. No one likes a soggy pizza right? Dough is done, and I shape it into a regular pizza pan. I don't own a pizza stone but I am sure that would work too, might give you a crispier crust. I like soft crust and this pan works well for giving that result. I then brush on some olive oil on the crust and sprinkle Parmesan cheese.

Then use your favorite pizza sauce. I buy the one in a squeeze bottle, since I will get several pizzas out of it. Add the veggies, top with cheese and into a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes. Let it sit for a few minutes after coming out and enjoy. Yum. Hope you enjoy it! I had fun taking pictures while cooking.

So to recap, Thursday morning, Dianne came to visit Ariel and I. We had a great time once Ariel got reacquainted with her. She is really in the stranger anxiety phase now, and its tough to get use to. She clung for a while then realized that Dianne was pretty cool and made friends. So much so, that when nap time came, so did the tears of taking her away from Dianne.

Once the princess was in bed, we enjoyed giant pieces of the 4th of July cake, hers was shaped like Texas, haha. We also ordered some sushi. Yummy. Was nice to talk about everything from parenting to bad car paint jobs. I can't wait till the day comes that we can go baby clothes shopping together. Sure I'll have to go to Alberta, but she is totally worth it. I can't wait till she and Chris get the picture of the little baby they are adopting from Ethiopia! What an amazing journey they are taking... you guys are gonna be awesome parents. *Hugs*

Friday I played hooky from exercise class. Bad Jay! I did however take Ariel to the pool with Stella and Kara. She totally loved it. I guess she lives up to the name Ariel, as she is proving to be part fish. Lol. Oh, a major fashion flub! Another baby was wearing the SAME swimsuit as Ariel. There were only a total of 5 babies in the pool... what are the odds? Being the trooper that she is, she went and introduced herself to the other little girl instead of staying on the other side of the pool. Haha. Please note we are in fact joking! This was not a crisis... but maybe it will be down the road in 16 years.

So after another fantastic water experience, I came home and called to sign her up for a water baby class! Yes, Ariel is a H2O Bouncer! Its 8 classes and starts in a week, can't wait. Not sure what to expect, but it should be cute to say the lease.

We got our package from Ken's mom this week too. Got some more awesome photo albums as our anniversary present. Thanks! Ariel got 2 new crib sheets. Why is it that all the cute stuff is in the states? I looked for a decent crib sheet and came up empty. Sears only had flannel ones? What gives, its summer! Anyhoo, they are gorgeous! This one is white with pretty pink and green flowers that look like they were painted on in watercolor. Ariel must have approved too, she was out instantly going to bed that night!

Tomorrow is market day, and the first one we will finally get to. Looking forward to it. First is church in the morning, and pastor Dan is preaching... the sermon is entitled, 'The Parable of the Guy Who Got Beat Up.' Hehe. He is also going to be doing one next week on Harry Potter, sweet!

Ok, time to do some work on the birthday stuff... the list is getting shorter, yay!

2 comments:

missmarble said...

I can't wait to try out the recipe Jay! Thank you! I don't have a bread maker, but I do have a fancy schmancy Kitchen Aid mixer. Mmmmm, pizza....

Dianne said...

Yay! Yes! Come to Alberta! :) I can't wait too :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...